Ice Cream and Honey Bee??
I had heard of the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the honey bees, but I really wasn’t concerned till I learned…
1. Honeybees are responsible for 80 percent of the pollination for many fruits and vegetables, including apples, berries, cantaloupes, cucumbers and almonds. I’m a big fan of fresh fruits especially berries and cantaloupe!! (stat cames from: U.S. Department of Agriculture)
3. The loss of habitat for the bees may be causing the Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD). Check out Vanishing of the Bees documentary.
So what can we do?
1. Financially support research programs
2. Plant a Bee friendly garden.
3. Learn Beekeeping 101, online 10 module course offered by Penn State
Let’s Save Fruit for our Ice Cream Now!!!!